Namaste nosara - 5 Days / 4 Nights
Nosara, Costa Rica
Nosara remains the quintessential destination for yoga travelers seeking free their mind, find balance, and have a little fun in nature along the way. Nestled between postcard worthy beaches and enchanting rainforest Nosara provides the ideal backdrop for your next yoga vacation.
Enjoy carefully selected sustainable lodging during your stay offering resident yoga instructors, healthy fresh 'farm to table' meals, and easy access to the top attractions in and around Nosara. While slightly shorter in duration, this trip provides a deep breath of fresh air for those feeling suffocated by life back home.
Escape the hustle and bustle of your daily grind and immerse yourself in the peace and tranquility of nature. Whether its a morning paddle board yoga session or bearing witness to a mass gathering of nesting sea turtles each day provides a plethora of opportunities to connect with nature while finding your center.
- 4 nights accommodation at one of our choice lodges in Nosara, Costa Rica.
- round trip ground transportation between your hotel in Nosara and international airport in Liberia or San Jose.
- Daily yoga class (4) and beach trip (4)
- 3 organic vegetarian meals daily
- all taxes on lodging, transportation, included meals & tours
Whats Not Included
- international airfare to and from Liberia/San Jose, Costa Rica
- optional activities (surf lesson, turtle observation, kayaking)
- additional meals and drinks
- airport departure tax
Day 1 - Arrive in either Liberia or San Jose as you are greeted by private transportation outside the airport. After a scenic drive through the central highlands and out towards the Pacific you arrive in Nosara nestled along the coast of the Nicoya Peninsula. With a laid back vibe and plenty of positive energy to go around, the community of Nosara welcomes you to paradise as the sun sets on your first day.
Day 2 - Wake to the sites and sounds of the natural world around you followed by a breakfast of fresh fruits from the local landscape. Prepare your mind and body for the day ahead with yoga in the hotel pavilion before relaxing in the sun, sand, and waves of Guiones beach. As the day draws to a close take a stand up paddle board out to sea, gliding along the horizon with glassy ocean reflecting spectaxular hues of red, orange, and purple from the setting sun.
Day 3 - Participate in a sunrise yoga session before breakfast. An optional kayaking tour along Nosara's unique system of rivers and mangroves provides opportunities to see waterfowl, turtles, and caymen. After a healthy organic lunch head out for a hike in the rainforest surrounding the hotel or back to the beach for a walk on the sand.
Day 4 - Start your last full day in paradise day off right with morning meditation followed by an optional surf lesson at Guiones beach. You may also choose to spend your day 'hanging out' on a thrilling canopy zip line ride, in the town of Nosara for lunch, or in your hammock with a good book back at the hotel. In the late afternoon head to Playa Ostional to witness the "arribada" or mass arrival of sea turtles as they come to lay their eggs along the beach.*
Day 5 - Thank nature for its blessings as you say your final goodbyes to the rainforest and beaches of this magical place. Private transportation will take you back to the airport in time for your return flight home.
Ready to Go?
Simply fill out the form below and a representative from Escapitos will provide you with a personalized quote today!
Hotels featured in this escape
Options & Upgrades
- This trip may be taken as is at the introductory price or customized according to your liking
- 8 day/7 night version of this escape is available for passengers seeking to extend their stay in the region. please inquire for pricing and availability
- Self drive/car rental option available.
- Luxury / honeymoon lodging option available
Why Travel With Us?
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca and neighboring towns of Hone Creek, Cahuita, Cocles, Chiquita, Puna Uva, and Manzanillo make up what we call Costa Rica's 'Caribbean coast'. While the port city of Limon and popular destination of Tortuguero are also situated on the same coastline they are located farther north and for this reason are generally excluded from our discussion of this particular region. Puerto Viejo is a 4 hour drive from the capital of San Jose. With essentially only one road leading to the coast, you must first travel north through the Braulio Carrillo National Park with its expansive and sweeping views of Caribbean lowlands visible from winding road passing through this virgin cloud forest. Patience is a must along the scenic two (sometimes three) lane highway shared with trucks carrying goods to and from Limon. As you pass through the port city and round the bend heading due south towards Puerto Viejo, its hard to miss the massive tankers dwarfed by the Caribbean Sea lying in wait off the coast. The last part of your journey takes you into the heart of the Caribbean as the road moves past beaches, along rainforest, and through banana plantations en route to your final destination.
- Hotels on this escape are located 'on the road to' or just outside of Puerto Viejo proper. Like most lodging options offered by Escapitos we have selected these hotels based on the unique experience provided as well as their commitment to sustainable tourism. These particular hotels are removed from the center of town, surrounded by the Caribbean rainforest, and just a few steps from the best beaches in the region offering guests a truly immersive experience in nature. Imagine waking to the sounds of tropical birds and sites of howler monkeys in the trees right outside your room before spotting a sloth on your way to hotel reception. We're confident you won't mind a short walk or bike ride to restaurants, shops, and tour providers reminding you that you're never too far from civilization! Be sure to check out our reviews of hotels included on this escape for additional orientation before traveling.
- The Caribbean coast of Costa Rica harbors Cahuita National Park and Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge. Most of the wildlife you see in and around Puerto Viejo, Cocles, Playa Chiquita and Punta Uva is an extension of these two protected areas. Cahuita offers and excellent intro to wildlife in the region with its soft sand trails winding in and out of rainforest and pristine beach, while Gandoca Manzanillo is recommended for travelers seeking to go a little farther and harder in exchange for the reward of coveted wildlife sitings and spectacular views of Costa Rica's southern coastline. Wherever your may go during your stay, keep your eyes and ears open (mostly towards the trees); be still and wait for nature's magical moments to unfold before you.
- We encourage all travelers to participate in tours and activities that support local economies and celebrate indigenous culture. Located about 15-20 from Puerto Viejo, The Kekoldi Indigenous Reserve is home to the Bribri. Take a village tour and observe their green Iguana project before lunch and a hike to a hidden waterfall. You may also choose to support organizations like ATEC, who promote sustainable tourism by hiring local guides for tours, coordinating volunteer activities, and providing conservation education for travelers and local residents alike. Check with your Escapitos representative for more information about ways in which to make your escape even more sustainable!